Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Growing up too fast

On Saturday my girl went on her first sleepover. She's had a friend sleepover here but never had one away from home. I was a little worried how it would go. Taylor has a hard time being dropped off places so I expected lots of tears and prying her arms and legs off of me. Nothing. I even had to ask for a hug and kiss as she was running to play with her friend. I then expected a phone call in the middle of the night. Nothing again. I thought this was the start of a new thing for her. Here I thought drop offs would now be easy. Not so much but getting better. The one that really puzzles me is going to Sunday school. Not sure why she doesn't want to go. Maybe one of these days this will all be behind us.

We got Quinks blood test results yesterday. Of course the docs offices called us on Friday to say he wanted to see us on Monday. So over the weekend our minds couldn't help but constantly think about what it could be. We knew he was being tested for diabetes and Celiac. Thankfully he has neither. The only result was a low glucose. So we have to feed him more often. Plus we have to watch the other symptoms he has been having, over the next few months. All in all good news.

I want to thank everyone who has supported Taylor's fundraising effort. We still have more to go. I hate asking all the time but please know that we really appreciate every little bit of help. THANK YOU!

1 comment:

kristen said...

maybe she doesn't like going to sunday school because it is boring ;-) the only time i liked it is when we got cookies. (seriously- i always stayed in with the adults...but then again, i was also painfully shy as a kid)