Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Last week Tammy gave me a blog award, my first. I have to tell 10 things about myself.
1. I used to suck my thumb. I'm kind of embarrased to say I was 12 when I stopped. That's why I want to get the oldest and youngest to stop.
2. I would love to make cupcakes and cakes for parties. But for now I do it for my family.
3. I'm running my first/second half marathon on May. It is my second time doing it and so far I am injury free so I should be able to run the whole thing. And of course my great hubby will be cheering me on right by my side.
4. I'm a closet neat freak. My house might not always be the tidiest but I sure wish it was better.
5. I love to cook and bake. I also love trying new recipes.
6. I love to share what I cook/bake with others. Having people over is so great.
7. I wish I saw my family more. They are so important to me and don't always let them know that.
8. I love watching the Biggest Loser. I commented to Chris yesterday that I cry every Tuesday because of that show. The support that they get is amazing. Last week they had to run a half marathon and I was brought to tears how much support they had around them.
9. It may seem selfish but I would love to have my family at the end of the half marathon cheering me on. And no not just my kids. To me it's important for my parents to be there too.
10. I love sales. I'm always looking for a bargain. And free is always good. Share the stuff around.
Anyway just a tid bit of info about me. I have a hard time writing stuff like that.
I now pass on the award to:
Please pray for Baby Stellan. To see there story click on the Baby Stellan picture on the right hand side. There faith is amazing.
update: I'm adding an 11th thing to my list. Just thought about it this morning. I can't stand having wrinkly clothes. I iron everything even the kids clothes. I won't even try a shirt on that is suppose to have the wrinkled look.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
As I'm typing this Quinks is getting his tux on. The kid would wear it everyday if he could. We have a little problem though. He is starting to grow out of it. It's still wearable but not sure for how much longer. So if anyone has a tux kicking around that they just don't know what to do with, we have a little lobbster who would give it a very loving home. It would be well loved and taken good care of. And of course worn lots. The original tux was given to us and it is by far his favorite thing to wear.
I can't post about Taylor and Quinks and not Spencie. As I type he is destroying the bonus room. I've given up on trying to keep it tidy while he is up. He is developing is own little temper and lets you know when he doesn't like something. Is it engrained in little boys heads to be somewhat aggresive? He's already been put in baby time out. Doesn't like that too much.
I'm happy to report no poop playing for 2 days now. Like I've said before duct tape is our friend.
Anyway Happy Tuesday to all! And if you watch the Biggest Loser hopefully Tara makes the 100 pound loss. That's who we're cheering for to win.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
So that is how our day is going. Hopefully the other lobbsters don't get sick again. And fingers crossed that the snow melts sooner than later.
Oh and church got cancelled because of this said snow.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
Things keep breaking around here. Taylor broke her top dresser drawer, she then broke a side plate (which we only a 6 place settings for our denby), I broke my favorite big glass measuring cup, Quinks broke a bowl ( I guess now we just need to break a big plate and we'll be down to 5 full place settings), I then broke the tip off our glass blender and yesterday Quinks head went through the bottom 2 glass panels on our pantry door. Not sure why we would have built a house with a pantry door like that. Hindsight right? We knew it would break eventually but not yet. So now we have no pantry door till Chris can figure something out. And now Spencer has full access to the garbage (he likes to eat whatever he can find on the top, it's pretty gross). I should mention that Quinks is fine. Just a bunch of glass in his hair. He's lucky he didn't get cut. And he felt really bad. I forry (sorry) Mommy is all I heard for the rest of the night.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Did anyone else watch it? Maybe I need to be set straight.
And seriously 14 kids is crazy. I feel busy enough with 3.
In other news the Lobbster kids are feeling way better. Middle lobbster still complains about his tummy hurting but other than that we are good. We even got out of the house today to get toilet paper. No more puffs kleenex for our bottoms ( and when you say bottoms say it with a british accent.)
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Crossing my fingers that we don't have anymore of that kind of excitement around here. The plan will be to lay low. On the plus side Taylor is feeling way better. Woohoo!
Saturday, March 07, 2009
Is anyone else out there getting sick of this weather? Seriously we shouldn't have any snow left. What has happened to our chinooks? I think everyone here in Lobbsterland is going stir crazy and wanting to get outside without having to pile on the layers.
Anyway better go I have a sick little girl how needs her mommy.
Some pictures to come once I get my butt in gear.