Sunday, December 31, 2006
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Friday, December 22, 2006
Taylor: Smell my finger momma.
Me: Uh, no thanks. Where has your finger been?
Taylor: Up my bum.
Now that is dithguthting.
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Monday, December 18, 2006
Till the next time!
Friday, December 15, 2006
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Monday, December 11, 2006
Man I sure rambled. Sorry about that.
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Thursday, December 07, 2006
Well I am going to lay on the couch and hopefully fall asleep. Our couch is so much more comfortable than our bed and because Chris is still working I am taking advantage of the good sleep. We need a new mattress so badly.
P.S. I got my first Christmas card in the mail today. Thanks Steve and Lori! I was so excited.
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
A couple of before pictures. It kind of looks like somebody just found a tree and placed in our great room.
Monday, December 04, 2006
Well that's all folks!
Sunday, December 03, 2006
Friday, December 01, 2006
Nothing too exciting has been happening in our household. The next couple of weeks are going to be busy with more house appointments, parties, Christmas concerts etc. And we can't forget about decorating our Christmas tree and scrapbooking club on Sunday. I can't wait. Well I will hopefully be a better blogger in the up coming days. Till I have something to write about.
Monday, November 27, 2006
Friday, November 24, 2006
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
I would love to see or hear them.
Yesterday we had our interior appointment for the new house. Who knew we had to pick so much. We even got to pick what color grout we wanted for our ceramic tile. And even with the upgrades we picked I think we will come out getting money back. Chris had originally said we would have an oak railing but we changed our minds to go with white because of the baseboards being white. And our cupboards are maple not oak and that would have been even more money to upgrade to maple. It's amazing how much we had to upgrade. And we didn't even go with the most expensive stuff. I'm sure they do that on purpose because they know nobody wants a lot of the standards. We will probably change stuff as we live in the house but for now we did the upgrades that couldn't be done later, and that we really cared about. We have 2 more appointments to go. Lighting and a place called digital imaging. I guess they do the cable outlets and stuff like that. I've heard the lighting can be costly. Most people like to upgrade those.
That's all for now.
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Friday, November 17, 2006
Today Chris was off so we thought a little road trip to Banff was in order. We hit the usual stores bought a few stocking stuffers and of course bought Murtles. If you've read a previous post you will know how much I love murtles. I have to cut it up to eat now because of the braces but still oh so good. That's all for now. Nothing terribly exciting going on around here. Maybe tomorrow. Till then.
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Come on QuinQuin come in my fort.Don't go QuinQuin.
Monday, November 13, 2006
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula(I hate spiders)
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said “I love you” and meant it
09. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped (I would probably do it)
11. Visited Paris (Maybe someday)
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game (Flames games and Blue Jays game)
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables (I think so but not totally sure)
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby’s diaper ( Just one diaper? Try lots)
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb (I've petted a lamb or sheepy as Taylor calls it.)
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run (I don't think I will ever do that.)
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day (Okay maybe not an entire day but for part of the day. It was in Penticton quite a few years ago.)
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk.
42. Had amazing friends (I still do)
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched wild whales
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in Europe.
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving (I did but didn't tell my parents ahead of time.)
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow (Maybe)
56. Alphabetized your CDs
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day
60. Played touch football
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China (Maybe someday)
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured an ancient site
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played Dungeons & Dragons for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie (I was an extra in Cool Runnings)
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days (I have a hard time going a few hours withour food.)
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert”
83. Got flowers for no reason
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music
87. Eaten shark (At the Grizzly house in Banff)
88. Kissed on the first date
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently well enough to have a decent conversation
95. Performed in Rocky Horror
96. Raised (raising) children (child)
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge (Driven across it.)
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Touched a stingray
110. Broken someone’s heart
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone (Nothing serious, just a toe and finger)
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears (mine nose)
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery (does a c-section count? I don't think so)
120. Had a snake as a pet (no thanks)
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states.
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
132. Touched a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (A fish)
137. Skipped all your school reunions
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146. Dyed your hair (highlights)
147. Been a DJ
148. Shaved your head
149. Caused a car accident
150. Saved someone’s life
And on a side note. If you ever get playdoh up your nose it will eventually come out. At least time it did. I don't think there was a lot. We've reached the,sticking stuff up the nose, stage.
Friday, November 10, 2006
Thank you everyone for your thoughtful comments. I hopw the kids are feeling better soon so I can get back to our regular posts. I haven't had any poop pictures lately. Or stories for that matter.
On another note Chris and I were able to go shopping sans kids this afternoon. We got a lot accomplished. Bought 4 stockings and few more Christmas presents. I am going to be done before I know it. For the last few years we have been trying to buy these special stockings and we always end up at the store to late in the season. This year I was on top of it and now we all have a stocking. Yeah! I know, what a nerd for getting so excited over stockings. What can I say.
Well I don't have much else to tell. I hope everyone has a great Saturday. Till I write again.
Thanks Joy and Tanya for coming over tonight for a little visit. And for the gingerbread latte.
I feel like I haven't seen you guys in awhile.
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Just as when we thought our house was done being sick another one falls ill. Quinten has had, you guessed it, diarreha for the last week. We are having him checked tomorrow. And now Taylor is sick again. My mom and I went shopping today and she was fine till near the end of our shopping adventures. We have this attachment for the stroller that she calls her skateboard. She laid down on that for awhile and then fell asleep in the stroller. So not like her. Then we got home and I could understand a word she was saying and she had a temp of 39.9. It really scared me. She now has a temp of 40 so according to health link we might have to take her in tonight. I hope not. I always get so worried when my kids are sick. Especially when they aren't acting like themselves and are really lethargic. I never know what to do. How long do you wait to have them looked at? And it doesn't matter how long you wait to see someone, as soon as you get to the doctor's office them seem to be better. I guess we'll see if Quinten does have something or is just sick with a cold. I know I'm a worrier so it is good that I have Chris to keep me balanced.
Well till tomorrow.
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Happy Birthday Desiree. I hope you get spoiled.
That's all for now. My mom is about to give me a lesson on making Christmas cake.
Monday, November 06, 2006
2 more days till Starbucks Christmas drinks. Seen as our Starbucks seems to be the only one not serving the special drinks. Meh..
Sunday, November 05, 2006
I was reading Liz and K's blogs this aft. They were taking about getting their first Starbucks festive drink for the season. I said to myself, self you need an eggnog latte. Off I went all excited for my first festive drink of the season. No such luck. The barista informed me they can't sell them till Wednesday. She didn't know why others were able to. So I had to get a pumpkin spice latte. Don't get me wrong they are good but they stain the elastics on my braces a nice orange color. So Wednesday is the day. Joy lets do coffee that day.
That's all for now. Quinten is still sick and Taylor is being her usual goofy self.
Saturday, November 04, 2006
Friday, November 03, 2006
Went shopping this morning and got myself a new touque, finally. I don't know if my head has grown or what but I can't seem to fit in any of our touques. I think my head is even bigger than Chris's. That's not saying much. His head is pretty small. I also got Taylor a new winter jacket. She has finally out grown her 18 month one. We probably could have gotten away with a few more wears but her wrists would have been pretty cold. Then it was off to Little Nathan's birthday party. Happy birthday little buddy! And now home. Time to make my treats for Death by Chocolate, at the church. Till tomorrow.
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
On another note, Taylor has been so nice to Quinten lately. I know that I have posted before about how nice she can be, but this is different. Yesterday Quinten was crying, in the car, and she leaned over, put her hand on his leg and said it's okay bud don't cry. Shocker I got a little teary. She is so caring towards him. I hope it continues as they grow up. And she is constantly wanting him to play in her room. I've peaked in a few times and they are actually playing. She'll be reading to him or showing him stuff. It so nice to see. So far my kids get along pretty well. Don't get me wrong they do have their fights. Especially when it comes to sheepy. That's a whole other topic. I look forward to them growing up together and being friends not just siblings.
I don't have much else to say tonight. So I will say the usual.
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
As for the picture of Chris in his costume. It's not that he is embarrased by the photo but you'll probably notice that his picture has not shown on my blog yet. There is a good reason for that. If you think about it you'll know. So that's that. He is so layed back that he could care less what he looks like in a picture. Well I think it is time to put my feet up and relax a bit. I'm sure tomorrow will be busy. Who knows what I am in store for. Have a great night.
Monday, October 30, 2006
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Friday, October 27, 2006
These are some before shots. Look how happy he is. He doesn't know what is coming.
Thursday, October 26, 2006
My mom had her pacemake put in today. She is doing well and hopefully will be discharged tomorrow. She is thankful for everybody's thoughts and prayers. I would like to thank everybody for being so caring.
On the way to the hospital tonight, my Dad and I saw a dodge truck. He said it must be a cowboy truck. I wasn't getting what he was saying. I didn't see any cowboy hats or anything else cowboyish. Underneath at the back of the truck was a metal scrotum hanging just so. I have never seen that before. I couldn't stop laughing. I said that is blog worthy for sure. Sorry if anybody finds that offensive.
Tomorrow is haircut day for The Boy. I'm a little sad to cut it. I'm not really sure why. It needs to be done though. At times his hair looks girly. And we can't have that. I will have pictures tomorrow. I hope it doesn't make him look to grown up. He is after all my baby.
Anyway. I have nothingh more to post. Till tomorrow.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Monday, October 23, 2006
Sunday, October 22, 2006
Now I need to rest up because I think tomorrow could be a busy day. I will be cooking my first turkey. My parents had taken it out to cook tomorrow but obviously they can't so I get to. I really hope it is edible.
I'll keep you posted on how my mom is doing.
Friday, October 20, 2006
Thursday, October 19, 2006
I'll keep you updated.
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
And on a side note, the puking has not stopped. You know you're a mom when you get puked on and don't freak out. Hopefully tonight will be a puke free night.
So that's the start of our day. I am now wide awake. Let's see what the rest of the day has in store.
No I didn't take any pictures of it.
Sunday, October 15, 2006
On another note. ***Viewer discretion is advised**** You know you have a problem when.... You fart and it is kind of smelly. And by kind of I mean very smelly. So this happened to me just as we were leaving for church. Taylor was standing looking at me like what just happened. Then she realized something didn't smell right. "What's that I smell mommy? I smell something." All while looking at me with disgust. She then ran to Chris quite upset because she was scared. Who knew I could have that affect. I would now like to apologize to anyone reading this that might be offended by the talk of bodily functions. I just thought it was funny. Come to think of it we had Indian food over at Joy and Darrin's last night. Hmmmm.
So that has been our weekend. I hope you all had a good one and will have a great week coming up. And come on baby Gallimore. I want to see you on Friday.
Thursday, October 12, 2006
It kind of makes me sad that a year has already gone by. Soon he won't be a baby. It's amazing how much he has grown in the last year. Again Happy Birthday QuinQuin! We love you!