Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Bitey Mcbiterson

Aka Taylor. Last week she bit Quint on the back. A perfect circular bite mark. Then today I caught her biting his finger. Who knows how many other times she has done this. I'm not sure if it because she is looking for attention. I have been preoccupied with packing and all the other everyday stuff. I'm not sure what to do. I think we will have to move to taking her stuff away because time outs are obviously not working. Any suggestions out there? I've already heard the bite her back and that's not an option. An older person gave me that advice once. Yesterday was the last Tuesday night dinner in this house. It was kind of sad because we didn't have anybody for dinner. Heather was working and we haven't seen or heard from Nathan in a very, very long time. I am looking forward to dinners in the new house and Devin will be here so that means I will actually have to make Tuesday night dinners. Which I love doing. And love having people over. That's all I have for now. Before I end this post I just want to say 5 more days till the big move.

7 comments:

Chrissy and Brian said...

Yay, only 5 more days. I wish I could come over for Tuesday night dinners.
As for the biting... I have no advice. sorry!

Anonymous said...

my guess is that you have to figure out what is meaningful to her and use that as a way to stop the biting.

either that or start covering quinten in the nasty stuff you put on her thumb to get her to stop sucking it...it would only take one more bite and she'd realize how bad he tastes.

Evey said...

Yeah i want to come over for Tuesday night dinner too. If I am ever in Calgary on a Tuesday, watch out.

Biting thats a toughie, I don't know that there are any right answers. I hope you figure out a way that works for you guys.

I cant wait to see pics of the new place:)

kris said...

I was going to say bite her back but since that's taken I'll modify Kristen's suggestion and say cover him in some sort of hot pepper sauce.

The Aitkenheads said...

How bout take her to Joy's office and pull out all her teeth so she can't bite...or maybe just one to prove a point and threaten another if she does it again!!!

AK

Desiree said...

I hope you can figure something out, I don't know what to tell you, sorry. Good luck with the move, hope it goes smoothly.

Miranda said...

Did she just start biting recently? Maybe it's just stress from the move and stuff??? Whatever you decide to do be consistent and stock with it. hugs!Isabelle bit Zoƫ at Costco yesterday so you are not alone.