Tuesday, August 30, 2011

2 more sleeps

Well school is 2 sleeps away. Yesterday and today we found out who the kids teachers are. The teacher Taylor had for grade 1 and 2 is now teaching 3. I had my fingers crossed that we would get her again so I won't lie that I was a little disappointed when I found out she wasn't in her class. I have faith that she is with a good teacher who will be understanding to her fears. Quinten I was worried about because I know all the grade 1 teachers would be awesome to get.

I have a good feeling that the start of school will be a smooth one. And maybe I won't need the sunglasses to hide my tears because my child is so upset to go. So far she is good and has told me no tears this year.
I'm also looking forward to no mid day pick up. Think of all the stuff I'll be able to get done. Spence and I will have some serious one on one time. His last year before he starts kindergarten next fall.

Are you looking forward to your kids going back to school?
For me it's mixed emotions. The kids have been fighting so much that they need to get back into it but I am really going to miss sleeping in. It's been nice having kids who at 10:30am I have to wake up so they don't sleep the day away.

Anyway I'll be sure to post how the first day goes.

Any stories out there from your first days of school?

No comments: