Tuesday, July 25, 2006

We're Back

I want to start off by saying Happy Belated Birthday to Kristen. We were in Penticton for her birthday so I couldn't post it.
We got back from Penticton last night. It was a great trip. Our trip started off with one nice day for the beach and then a couple of crappy days. On the first crappy day we took one of our three road trips. This was our short one to Kelowna to see the movie Cars. Chris and Taylor got to see the movie but Quinten wouldn't stop babbling so him and I hung out in the lobby. Oh what fun. The next day was crappy also so road trip number 2 down to Spokane, just for the day. A little shopping and little hanging out at this park and then driving back. It was a lot of driving for one day but it was so worth it. Next week was really nice and hot. I was accused of child abuse on one of the beach days. Let me explain. I was trying to get Quinten to sleep so I had him wrapped up in his towel with the hood over his head, to keep the sun off of his face. He was really fighting me so he was screaming. This chick came up and asked if I was a first time mom and what I was doing was child abuse by smothering him. Thank goodness Chris went and said something. I was really shaken by this. Things got better. Some more beaching it and lots of ice cream. Then another not so great day, now it was time for road trip number 3. We went to Vancouver and stayed overnight. We packed a lot into a day and a half. Shopped on Robson St., went to the aquarium, drove through Stanley Park a couple of times, Granville Island, Gas town(There's a story there, I'll explain later) and Canada place. We had so much fun. Taylor loved seeing the big boats, the fish and the seagulls. Who knew they could so interesting?! Then back to Penticton where we did the beach thing some more and went to the water slides twice. And of course more ice cream. On the way home we thought our car was going to break down but we made it home safely. All in all we a had a great time.
Then today Taylor pooped on the potty. She has been asking to use it today. Who knows.
Oh before I forget what kind of post would this be if I didn't have some kind of poop story for you. Taylor had been eating a lot of cherries and black licorice. If you know what those can do to your system you'll understand. I had to wash the sheets and blankets a couple of times. And let me tell you, changing diarrhea poop at the beach, not so fun. And what would a vacation be if we didn't clear out a pool because of poop leaking. This time it was Quinten in the kiddy pool. Good times.
Hopefully tomorrow I will have some pictures to post. I must go catch up on everybody's blogs.

8 comments:

Miranda said...

I cannot believe the nerve of that lady accusing you of child abuse. Whatever! I have to wrap Zoe up tight and wrestle her to sleep and she really screams and puts up a fight. As if! you were smothering him. I would have told her to mind her own business! For goodness sakes! Glad to have you back. Sounds like a very busy trip from someone with two kids...good for you!

Chrissy and Brian said...

Glad you got home safe. I wish we could have hung out to, that was my one regret from the holiday. At least Brian got to spend some time with Quinten on the beach, it was good practice for him for next year.

--Nathan-- said...

Hey Kirsten (and the rest of you crazy Lobbsters) Glad you're all back, hope you enjoyed your trip. cant wait to see the pics

Jenn said...

some people are unbelievable. I hope chris gave her a good talking to. Sounds like you had a wonderful time minus the crazy lady. Glad you had some nice weather.

kristen said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Some people just don't know how to mind their own business or to approach situations with a little bit of sensitivity. I think I would have cried if someone had said that to me.

I look forward to seeing pictures and hopefully we'll get to talk to you soon (did you have fun last night?)

Tammy Williams said...

Man, that sounds like a busy trip. Glad you had fun!!

There's not much in Spokane. Next time you will have to take a trip to the pacific coast of Washington. It's beautiful!

Heather said...

Glad you're back too!!! Let me know when the next Tuesday Night Dinner is... I'll (hopefully) be there!!

RainbowBrite said...

People amaze me they stick their noses where they just don't belong. I am glad Chris went and said something to that nosey nancy. I hope that you had fun and your kids are adorable :D