Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Confirmed Diagnosis

I do indeed have an IT band injury. Matthew, the physio guy, worked on it, gave me some exercises to do and sent me on my merry way. I shouldn't have to go back to see him unless I feel I need some more ultrasounding and electro thingying. Which by the way felt quite funky. And the thing I was happy to hear is that he said to take a week off and then start slowly running again. Meaning run/walk. He seemed to think that after being pregnant the muscles and such tightened up more than normal.
I can't wait to get back to running.

3 comments:

Chrissy & Brian said...

A week off... sounds like perfect timing for the beach! YAY!!!
Can't wait to see you!

Tammy & Jeremy said...

Sorry to hear about your injury! Hope you are up and kicking soon! When do you find time to train anyway? I can't even find time to go to the gym with both kids napping during the day and feeding/getting them to bed at night. Hopefully soon though.

Kirst said...

Sometimes I do it early morning or at night. I do it when Chris is home. I don't have a consistent time of day. The long runs are tougher just because it takes up a good chunk of Sunday afternoon. At least when the long runs get past 10k.