Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Confirmed Diagnosis

I do indeed have an IT band injury. Matthew, the physio guy, worked on it, gave me some exercises to do and sent me on my merry way. I shouldn't have to go back to see him unless I feel I need some more ultrasounding and electro thingying. Which by the way felt quite funky. And the thing I was happy to hear is that he said to take a week off and then start slowly running again. Meaning run/walk. He seemed to think that after being pregnant the muscles and such tightened up more than normal.
I can't wait to get back to running.

3 comments:

Chrissy and Brian said...

A week off... sounds like perfect timing for the beach! YAY!!!
Can't wait to see you!

Tammy Williams said...

Sorry to hear about your injury! Hope you are up and kicking soon! When do you find time to train anyway? I can't even find time to go to the gym with both kids napping during the day and feeding/getting them to bed at night. Hopefully soon though.

Kirst said...

Sometimes I do it early morning or at night. I do it when Chris is home. I don't have a consistent time of day. The long runs are tougher just because it takes up a good chunk of Sunday afternoon. At least when the long runs get past 10k.