Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bad, bad, bad me


I'm not one to make official resolutions so here is an unofficial one. To blog more often. I know I've said it before but this time I'm really going to try. In all fairness we've had some computer problems so even trying to get the computer to turn on was difficult. Anyway here I am posting my back at it blog. Boy do I have a lot to catch up on.

I guess first I'll post some pictures from our Disney World vacation. Chris' parents took us on a big family vacation for their 40th Anniversary. We are very thankful to them for their generosity. We had a great time. It has only been in the last few days that Taylor hasn't asked to move there. Now I've got a bit of the travelling bug. Although I think the next vacation will be saved up for Chris and I to go without the chitlins.










That is just a taste of how our trip was.

Next was Christmas time. Which is always busy. Luckly our family didn't get sick even when those around us were. Knock on wood we don't get it now.

Now we are back into the swing of things. School, soccer, work, gymnastics, swimming lessons.
Life is not the sit around kind that's for sure.

That's it for now. We'll see what interesting stuff happens today. Now that I'm posting it a day after I started. (pictures were taking too long to load so I went to bed)

5 comments:

Joy and Darrin said...

Great pics!
Thanks for posting.

What kind of Harry Potter drink ya got there?

Heather said...

I'm so jealous of the jedi light saber fighting.

Kirst said...

It's butterbeer! One was slushy and not slushy. I had 6 that day. Words can't describe how it tasted and how good it was. If I could make it I would. Not possible though.

Joy and Darrin said...

Try this an let me know!

Butterbeer! It warms you up AND tastes great. Now in take-away form from The Three Broomsticks. (Many thanks to Melissa for this recipe!)

Ingredients:

◦1 cup (8 oz) club soda or cream soda
◦½ cup (4 oz) butterscotch syrup (ice cream topping)
◦½ tablespoon butter


Directions:

Step 1: Measure butterscotch and butter into a 2 cup (16 oz) glass. Microwave on high for 1 to 1½ minutes, or until syrup is bubbly and butter is completely incorporated.

Step 2: Stir and cool for 30 seconds, then slowly mix in club soda. Mixture will fizz quite a bit.

Step 3: Serve in two coffee mugs or small glasses; a perfectly warm Hogwarts treat for two!

Evey said...

I need to blog more also. Twice this week so I am off to a good start. Looks like you have fun on your trip. Hope ya had a great Christmas :)