Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Newest Goal

I've noticed lately that I am bad for keeping in touch with friends or inviting friends over. Sometimes I feel like we are the ones to make the effort but maybe everybody feels that way. So I plan to make a better effort. I know that it is hard when everybody has such busy lives. We need our friends. I think joining facebook has made me realize this. There are friends from high school that I wish I had stayed in touch with, but it just didn't happen. It's no ones fault. There are friends that I go to church with that I don't get to see as often as I would like. And friends from over the years. And then there are the people that we call so often and never seem to get together with. Maybe they don't like us. ;) Meh! So that is going to be my own personal challenge. I love having people over dinner so maybe I will start there.

3 comments:

Joy and Darrin said...

I feel the same way. After working all day, I find it difficult to get my butt in gear to either clean to have people over or get organized to go out. Plus Aidan is a punk right now.

We love spending time with you guys and we miss it too.
I especially love beating Chris at Settlers.

The Aitkenheads said...

we'll be happy to come over more.

Especially since I don't much like having anybody come to my house!!!

Just say the word and we're there.

AK

Anonymous said...

It"s a good goal for me too! I do enjoy getting together with friends and seeing the kids play with each other.