Saturday, May 30, 2009

Tomorrow's the day

Go Heather Go! Meanwhile I have the Inspector Gadget song going through my head. I know I'm nuts! Heather is swimming, biking and running in a sprint triathlon tomorrow. I wish you luck chicky! I know you'll be great!

Last night Taylor lost her first, on its own, tooth. And she then lost it lost it. We think she swallowed it while she was sleeping. We can't find it anywhere. She's little disgusted that it could end up in her poop. And knows we will not be fishing it out of said poop. Can you tell she was not one of the poop players? Anyway tomorrow we will put a note under her pillow letting the toothfairy know what has happened. I did reassure her that she would still get money.

My one question is how much are teeth going for these days? I've heard a few different amounts. Just curious.

Have a great rest of the weekend and I'll update again tomorrow.

4 comments:

kristen said...

a nickle.

ok, maybe not, but 25 cents was the max back in the day...oh the good old days.

Heather said...

I think I got a loonie!

Good job today! And thanks for all the encouragement!

Reverend Joyleaf said...

I think I put a nickle under Emma's pillow after she lost her first tooth. Actually, the first nickle didn't even show up under her pillow the next morning. I quickly hid a nickle a few seconds before she got to her room after she came home from school the following day.

After that I don't think we gave any money. We were pretty honest with Emma. We asked her if she even believed in the tooth fairy. If she thought it was possible. I don't know if we came out and told her there was no such thing or if she kind of figured it out via our questions/suggestions about the existence of someone who sneaks into your bedroom in the middle of the night. Someone you don't know. It's a little creepy. Mainly we weren't interested in having to shell out the coins for the rest of the teeth. It's all fun and games and stuff (I enjoyed to tooth fairy stuff as a child) but I honestly just can't be bothered with the lying/pretending. Plus, Emma told us "there's no such thing as santa claus" 2 or 3 years ago so....

This is the PUDDICOMBE CLAN!! said...

check out my blog posting on this one...
http://allpuddicombe.blogspot.com/2008_05_01_archive.html

D:)