Sunday, August 23, 2009

Phew!

One set of birthday invitations done. Thanks Nathan for your hot air and your letter skills. Hopefully the kids will like them. I get giddy making stuff for the parties. I love doing it. And it makes it even more fun the older they get because they appreciate all the work that goes into them.

School is now 4 days away. Where did the summer go? So far Taylor has been saying she isn't looking forward to going back. I was hoping she would change her mind when she went to a birthday party today with all the little girls from her kindergarten class. Could be another emotional drop off. I know many of you probably think it is silly but I feel for my kids or any kid or person for that matter, when I see them so upset. It breaks my heart. I know she is fine once she is in the school. In the next couple of days we should know who's class she is in. I'm excited to find out who will be in her class. It'll be nice to see all the mom's again too.

Those of you out there that have kids going to school whether it's the first time or the 12th time, I want to hear how you feel coming up to the start of another school year.

4 comments:

BethJoy said...

Taylor starts on monday the 31st? Jonah starts his first 'trial' day Friday Sep.4th and then for good Tuesday Sep.8th. His first day I am supposed to stay for an hour, I am excited to see him go. I don't feel sad yet but I may when I actually leave him. I guess I have so much else I am crying over lately I don't need more. I am worried though about his acceptance with friends, we all struggle with that and he is about to embark on that adventure!
By the way: I know I don't see you in action a lot, but I think you are a great mom and wife and your posts reveal that, try not to worry about others opinions and be confident in your decisions! We all mess up and aren't perfect but tomorrow is another day to try again. Love Bethany

Joy and Darrin said...

I have a little anxiety every year (more so this year with Aidan starting) but Ethan is usually pretty excited so its hard not to be as well. I think Ethan and his buddy are split up this year so that might present some challenge - we'll see
Full days will be nice for you though, no?
I look forward to seeing the invitations - if we get one I suppose. You always do such a great job.

Devin said...

You know last week was tough for me! I didn't enjoy taking Colin at all. I understand about it being emotional, on both ends--and I don't think there is anything wrong with that!

Anonymous said...

Whether it was the first day of school or their graduation (high school or university) I was pretty emotional with both Megan and Sam. They grow up way to quick. You are a great Mom!!! If I was with you when you dropped Taylor off and saw you crying I would start crying too (that's just how I roll). Showing emotions isn't a bad thing.

Marilyn