Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Early morning

So my day has already begun. Actually it began at 5:00am,when I had to wake up Chris. I always find it hard to get back to sleep right away because it sounds like he is stopping around downstairs, with his shoes on. Then I have to lock the door behind him. As I was going back to bed I thought for some reason that I should check on Quinten. Well it's a good thing I did. He had puked in the middle of the night. Not just spit up but real puke. And there was a ton. All over him, because he had been sleeping in it, all over his stuffed animals, sheepy and blankets. He definitely needed a bath at this point. Seen as he had chunks of the stuff smushed in his hair. I get him bathed and changed and bring him into bed with me. All of sudden he starts heaving. Now I have puke all over me. So back into his own bed so that I can have a shower. This is all before 6:00am. Just as I'm getting out of the shower Taylor is yelling, from behind her door, that she has puked in her bed. So into the tub for her and another clean up of sheets for me. I have a feeling it is going to be a really long day. So for those of you out there that think Mom's have it easy because they get to stay home. Think again. Would you like to be puked on? I don't think so. I love staying home with my kids but I hate puke.
So that's the start of our day. I am now wide awake. Let's see what the rest of the day has in store.
No I didn't take any pictures of it.

12 comments:

kristen said...

I sincerely hope that YOU don't end up puking.
Good luck today...

--Nathan-- said...

Have i mentioned that i love your blog??? never a dull day! thats a lot of puking before the day even starts. hopefully the puking subsides before i get there.

Joy and Darrin said...

so, no shopping then??

kris said...

Did they get into your stash of bon bons?

Desiree said...

AWW hope they feel better soon and that you don't get it too. It's bad enough taking care of two sick kids without being sick yourself! Take care!

kristen said...

kris- i think you have come up with the most logical explanation. we can then assume that if kirsten starts puking, she was hitting the bon bons a little too hard as well.

Anonymous said...

I see nothing in your post that would make being a stay at home mom difficult, that is if you ignore all the puking. My question is why you have to lock the door after Chris leaves, is it the Tronsgard gene of door locking that compels you to do this, or does Chris not carry a key? It's probably best that he was gone for that or he might have puked too.

kristen said...

devin- i was wondering the same thing. why oh why can't chris not lock the door himself?

RainbowBrite said...

Did the kids catch a bug? That sucks that they were both sick. I hope that they feel better.

Kirst said...

I'm not really sure why I lock the door behind him. Maybe it is because I'm not sure he would lock it in the morning. He does have a key. And yes maybe it is a Tronsgard thing. Always have to have the door locked. Or maybe it is a control thing for me. Who knows, it just seems to happen.

BethJoy said...

ahh, too bad no pictures :( just jokes, sorry they were so sick, sounds like my monday this week. Jonah puked 5 times on monday, even after he brushed his teeth for bed that night! Though he is the only one puking. He has only puked once before, back at christmas, but it wouldn't end on monday, he seems to be getting better now, he hasn't puked more but today he had diarhea, keith had stopped in for lunch and it took both of us to change him wiothout it going EVERYWHERE as we took his diaper off!
wonder what made them both sick? all that partying they've been doing.
see you on the weekend.

BethJoy said...

I have to have the door locked, especially if I am still sleeping after Keith leaves. I have two children in the house, and you hear those stories, though rare, of someone coming into your house and hurting the people or stealing.
I have told Keith he Must lock the door when he leaves, I even often have the doors locked even when I am at home, u never know right?
Better safe than sorry.